Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What it's really about

A new year.  A new month.  A new day.  A new hour.  A new minute. May 2013 have an abundance of time for you and yours. What will you do with that time?

My biggest complaint is always that I don't have enough time.  For what?  There are the same 24 hours in every day.  There always has been.  I have come to realize I am the one, the only one, responsible for how I use that time.  I know I can't do it all.  No one can.  One must prioritize.

Did you make a resolution?  Perhaps several of them?  I am always perplexed by the practice of new year resolutions. Why do we all wait for January 1st every year to make resolutions?  What is it about the artificial  beginning of  a 'new year' that makes us think choosing this day will somehow be better than any other to better ourselves?  How many of us find ourselves making the same resolutions year after year?  Eat better.  Exercise more.  Get organized.  Be a better person.  How many of those resolutions are forgotten or how many of us 'fall off the wagon' days or weeks into the new year and then wait for the next year to try again?

With every breath we take, we are given a gift.  A chance.  An opportunity.  We have so many choices.  Every single day.  Seize the day.  THIS day.  Who knows if your next breath will come?  If the next day will come?  If that person you want to talk to will still be there tomorrow because you were 'too busy' today.

If you do fall off your resolution wagon. Simply get back on!

I think what it's really about is awareness.  It's about letting go of the past.  It's over.  Done.  Can't be changed.  Perhaps a ritual of releasing old hurts, wounds and pain is needed.  Make a list, write a letter and then tear it up, bury it or burn it in a physical representation of that which you are releasing.  It's liberating! The past no longer serves you.  Let go of the old and negative energy, make room for the new and positive new you!

I just asked the angels using my oracle cards what they suggested I offer to you by way of advice.  The card I drew was "God Box"  It says "write any worries, concerns, or desires on a piece of paper you put in a special container called a 'God Box', as a way of letting go and allowing the Divine to help you."  I do love how the Universe works sometimes.  One of the ways I am honoring my truth is by getting more in touch with the Divine and tuning into the messages I receive instead of ignoring them.

All you can change is everything from this moment forward.  Focus on the positive.  The possibilities are endless!

Instead of specific resolutions per se, why not vow to be a more loving, honest, compassionate and giving human being?  Be more mindful and aware not only of yourself and your actions but those of everyone around you.  Why not vow to find balance in work and play?  You can accomplish so much more in personal and professional growth when you vow to make global changes in mindset and focus over specific little things.  Set ego aside and see the bigger picture.  Focus on what's *really* important in life.  Don't complain, make changes.  Live life. DO.  Be present.  What makes you happy?  Do it!  Make this the moment you look deep inside of yourself for your truth.  Find it, speak it, live it, share it.  Be not afraid.  Do not let fear stop you, let it liberate you through positive action in the light of Divine and Universal and unconditional love.

I hope it involves taking good care of yourself, so you can be there in body, mind and spirit for your friends and family.  I hope it involves thinking before speaking and considering consequences of your words and actions.  Count to 10 before you speak, especially if irritated or angry.  I hope it is about respect for everyone, even those whom you have differences of opinion with.  One can express their opinion without judgement.  I hope it involves love and good will toward your fellow man and woman and child.  All of them, everywhere.  May it shine with unconditional love, boundless compassion and be peppered with abundant joy, laughter and fun.

Happy today!

Peace and light.
Namaste

2 comments:

  1. I just want to start off with my condolences to you and your family! I will keep all of you in my prayers, I admore the strength that you have. I shared your blog with my whole facebook and the mommy groups that I am part of on facebook! I was wondering if you have a blog of info of how to secure furniture or how I can figure it out. I hope it is okay to ask that? I am a younger mom of a 2 yr old and 6 month old and have never thought about securing my furniture! Please know your blog has made a huge difference.

    With Love From NC :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chelsea,

      I just posted the info on today's blog or you can 'like' Meghan's Hope on Facebook and you'll find lost of resources there!

      Peace,
      Kim

      Delete